Everyone wants to have a clean and comfortable bathroom to refresh after a long day at work. It is important to design your bathroom with the right materials to create a nice ambience. But, how if you only have a limited space for the bathroom? Relax, you can transform a small space into a chic bathroom with these 17 chic small bathroom ideas.
- 1. Make It See Through
- 2. Monochrome with Accent of Terrazzo
- 3. The Importance of Natural Lighting
- 4. The Power of Mirror
- 5. Bathroom in Narrow Corridor
- 6. Stacking Open Shelf
- 7. Open Plan Bathroom
- 8. The Touch of White Marble
- 9. Navy Blue Contrast
- 10. Use Smart Furnitures
- 11. Mirror As the Focal Point
- 12. Seamless Marble and Warm Lighting
- 13. Narrow Concrete Bathroom
- 14. Transparent Partition
- 15. Small Bathroom with Farmhouse Style
- 16. No Tub? Make the Most of Your Shower!
- 17. Chic Curve Accent
- 1. Faux wood flooring
- 2. Integrated lighting
- 3. Oversize Sink
- 4. Overhead Storage
- 5. Small Bathroom
- 6. Master Bathroom
- 7. White Modern Bathroom
- 8. Think Pink
- 9. Pattern Play
- 10. Go for the Gold
- 11. Mixed Patterns
- 12. Mirror Image
- 13. Keep it PG
- 14. Simple Bathroom
- 15. Bold Floor Tiles
- 16. B&W Bathrooms FTW
- 17. Subtle Prints Matter
- 18. Make a Statement with Sconces
- 19. Bathroom Classic
- 20. DIY Bathroom
1. Make It See ThroughThe easiest way to make your small bathroom more spacious is to create a borderless space. This can be achieved by using a see-through material like clear glass for the partition inside the bathroom. Sometimes, people prefer not to have an open plan bathroom to keep it dry. This is why you will use partitions to divide the shower area, washbasin area, and wardrobe area. Solid partitions will make the small room feels even smaller and crowded. But when you use clear glass, the whole area can be see-through just like when you use an open plan. Also, you can use black steel frame to give the partition a nice touch.
2. Monochrome with Accent of TerrazzoPutting too many colors inside such a small space won’t turn out well. When you have limited space for your bathroom, the best that you can do is apply two or three materials to combine. You also need to arrange the proportion and make one material as the base for the overall ambience. For example, you can use monochrome material like concrete with a bigger portion as the base. Then, you can add accent using another pattern and texture, like terrazzo. Also, you can add some pastel color that can blend smoothly with the concrete base.
3. The Importance of Natural LightingA small bathroom can feel more spacious when you let natural lighting come inside. Natural lighting can also be very useful to keep your bathroom fresh and hygienic. To make it shines brighter, you can use white subway tile for the wall finishing. Then, use dark tiles for the floor finishing to create a contrast. Lastly, you can also add some greenery hanging in front of the window to make your small bathroom feels warm.
4. The Power of MirrorWith a little retouch and the right material, a small bathroom can be a spacious bathroom. This is a simple trick using the power of the mirror. Reflecting materials is the best way to make a small space feels bigger. Rather than a clear mirror, you can use a grey mirror which is darker and fits perfectly with the modern minimalist bathroom. Install the mirror above the washbasin and make it big. Then, apply mosaic tiles below the mirror. Mosaic tiles are another perfect material to decorate your modern minimalist bathroom. Also, you can create your own unique washbasin like the picture above, raw concrete.
5. Bathroom in Narrow CorridorIf you only have a narrow alley to work on, you can still design a beautiful small bathroom. With limited floor plans, you can put an elongated layout by placing the sink next to the bathub. To save more space, you can put the shower above the tub. You can create a modern contemporary bathroom using gray and white ambience. Also, you can use 3D geometric tiles for the flooring combine with white tiles for the wall. Adding a rounded mirror above the sink can make the room feels bigger. Then, you can remodel the small area into a gorgeous bathroom by putting a door that opens to the garden next to the bathtub. This master bathroom idea works best for a renovation on a budget.
6. Stacking Open ShelfWhen you have limited space for your bathroom and yet you have much stuff to store, a stacking shelf is an answer to your problem. Using a wood palette, you can install stacking shelves hanging above the toilet. Make it open, so you can easily see your stuff and reach them. To organize things, you can use vintage baskets to put your toiletries. Then, install some hooks to hang your towels next to the toilet. For the final touch, you can add some decorations on the shelf to brighten up your small bathroom.
7. Open Plan BathroomOpen plan bathroom is well known as a method to use the limited space wisely, especially if you live in a studio apartment. You can arrange your washbasin to be located in the middle between the toilet and the bathtub or shower, to give some space between them. It will be very nice if you have a window that can let some daylight inside. Since the most common sanitary ware will be in the white ceramic finish, you can apply white subway tile for the wall to blend perfectly but still have some patterns. For the countertop and shelf, use the wooden palette to add warm tones inside. This small bathroom idea will work even better if you have your bathroom facing the backyard.
8. The Touch of White MarbleWho says you can have a small bathroom with some luxury? Using marbles for finishing material can give your bathroom a grand and elegant ambience. But you have to remember that this can take up some budget since marble is not cheap. Choose marble with a glossy and reflecting surface to make your small space feels wider. Then, combine different colors of marble, for example, use grey marble as the base for the wall and the floor, then use white marble as a focal point for the washbasin back wall.
Using all white materials is the most common way to redecorate your bathroom since it will make the space brighter and clean. But sometimes all white can be boring and you will need more color to enliven the space. This is when you should insert another color to be the contrast, for example, navy blue. You can also enrich the white scheme using different kind of white materials such as subway tile, marble, and mosaic tiles. Lastly, a final touch of brass for the hooks, knobs and sanitary ware can be a sweet accent.
10. Use Smart FurnituresA small bathroom can use the help of smart furniture providing more space to store toiletries. This smart furniture can be cabinet installed next to the washbasin area and usually save more space by making the cabinet door swing down rather than to the side. If you need more space, you can also install a drawer below the washbasin. Use wood finish for the furniture can give some warm touch into your bathroom. These small bathroom ideas work best if you have very little space with a lot of stuff to store.
11. Mirror As the Focal PointIn a small bathroom, you usually end up with a narrow alley. People can find it hard to decorate the space since there is not enough room. To solve this, you can emphasize the washbasin area in the center of the narrow corridor with eclectic shape mirror as the focal point. Choose a unique and sleek mirror with a brass frame to give a chic look in your small bathroom. You can make this area even more interesting with 3D back wall using the same white marble that can be applied for the floor. Put the washbasin above hanging credenza and add some greenery to brighten up space.
12. Seamless Marble and Warm LightingThe benefit of using marble for your bathroom is that you can actually get a borderless look from the wall to the floor. Making your space seamless will also make the small bathroom feels more spacious. Even though it can be a little expensive, this trick will work to decorate your small bathroom. Also, apply an open plan bathroom with no partitions. Put the washbasin area in the middle, separating the toilet area and bathtub. Open plan bathroom will allow you to install a bathtub even with limited space. Don’t forget to add proper lighting. White marble won’t work without the support of warm lighting to enhance the ambience.
13. Narrow Concrete Bathroom
Do you happen to be in a situation where your space is limited and your budget is the same? Then, this narrow concrete bathroom is the solution for you. A narrow space should not have too much color and pattern but sometimes just plain white is boring and cold. This is why concrete can be the best material to build up a nice ambience in your small bathroom. You can use raw concrete or concrete tiles to make the installation easier. Then, you can combine it with a wooden shelf and glass partition. Also, a little accent on the floor can be nice. This small bathroom idea can work well for compact living like a studio apartment.
14. Transparent Partition
Many of the small bathrooms usually have a long rectangular layout. If you happen to have this kind of layout, you can arrange it by putting the washbasin area first next to the entrance, followed by the toilet and lastly the shower area. You will need to install a partition between the toilet and the shower to keep the whole area dry. For the partition, it is better to use the transparent one to make the room feels bigger using clear glass with a black steel frame. Then, install a recessed open shelf next to the shower to store your toiletries. This kind of recessed shelf is a good solution to use a small space effectively.
15. Small Bathroom with Farmhouse Style
Want to have a different ambience for your small bathroom instead of just modern minimalist? You can try the farmhouse style because the small bathroom does not have to be minimalist. This kind of interior style will bring a warm ambience inside your bathroom. First, you can start by installing white subway tiles for the wall finishing in the bathtub or shower area. Then, use grey honeycomb tiles for the floor finish to give some patterns into the room. Next, add some classic profile into the back wall of the washbasin area. Lastly, install the washbasin above a wooden drawer to make the small bathroom more comfortable.